Snake's canopy features Dudek Flexi Egde technology. Precise shape of the leading edge is closed to airflow, and its precise shape is guarded by reinforcements of laminated cloth combined with synthetic rods, which significantly improve launch performance and protect the paraglider against collapses at high speeds.
Entire body of the Snake was designed under our CSG (Canopy Shape Guard) system, comprised of many subsystems resulting in exceptional coherence and durability of the canopy.
The Snake has an elliptical planform with slightly rearward swept tips. The cells are divided with ribs additionally supported by diagonal VSS (V-shaped supports) system. Such arrangement ensures a smooth top surface, exact aerofoil reproduction across the entire wingspan and yet more importantly,
minimal number of suspension points.
The lower surface features RSS (Reinforcing Strap System) applied in the wing’s interior. RSS is an ballooning-independent reinforcements system, made entirely of paragliding fabric, stiffening and stabilizing entire canopy structure.
Most of all, the CSG oversees three key factors:
- it forms the canopy, so that its shape remains as close to design as possible, with equally distributed loads. Lack of attention here would result in irregular surface with balloons instead of flat cells (unfortunately, stil quite a frequent sight, even on wings of 'renowned' manufacturers).
- CSG stabilizes canopy in flight. Not a single pilot likes to see his wing moving like an accordion, especially as it does significantly hamper its performance.
- CSG improves durability of the paraglider. Simple designs fairly quickly pay for locally accumulated stress with deformations - the most dangerous are those visible as lateral faults on the upper surface between suspension line rows. With the Nucleon Cabrio WRC that danger is practically eliminated.
Snake’s aerofoil is another product of our DRA (Dudek Reflex Airfoil) technology. It was calculated with our previous experiences in mind and thoroughly tested with numerical methods. It is a full bred reflex profile, with accordign characteristics.
Areas close to suspension points are reinforced with laminated cloth, and the cloads are equally distributed on three planes: vertical (through the ribs), diagonal through the VSS system and level through the RSS.
All crossports have been prepared using OCD (Optimised Crossports Design) technology. Carefully designed shapes of the openings and their optimal placement between stress lines guarantee very efficient pressure distribution in the canopy and its quick inflation. These openings are scaled together with the ribs, so that their replicability is flawless and they do not disturb the aerofoil in any way.
Snake is manufactured in new technology, utilising capabilities of precise laser cutter. The enitre production process takes place in Poland under strict supervision of the designer, ensuring highest European quality.
The upper surface is made of Dominico Tex, 41 g/m2 weight.
The lower surface sports the same cloth, but weighing 34 g/m2
Ribs are made of Dominico Tex 41 Hard.
Reinforcements of the suspesion points and the leading edge use Porcher SR-Scrim cloth.
Almost all suspension lines have coloured polyester sheath, with but a few of them unsheathed. Due to low number of lines we've made sure they are strong enough by choosing brown Technora inner core. In this way rigging remains strong and reliable.
All quick-links between risers and suspension lines are made of polished stainless-steel, with proven durability and resistance to corrosion. We use exclusively the attested quicklinks of French Peguet company.
On the wingtips you can find dedicated slots, automatically removing dirt and rubbish from the canopy.
Snake features four-way risers, equipped with:
- 2D - multi-role steering handle (regular brakes)
- TCT (Three Comfort Toggle) with Easy Keeper system
- ELR (Easy Launch Riser) - launch assist system. This is specially marked A riser (yellow cover)
- speed system affecting A, B and C risers, equipped with ball-bearing pulleys and specially suited line,
- comfortable speedbar of the Easy Catch system,
- trimmers with red trimmer tape, sporting a scale,
- PA (Power Attack) system - a merger of the trimmers with regular speed system, so that pushing your speedbar automatically and simultaneously releases the trimmers,
- various levels of steering line pulleys, depending on the suspension height used,
- TCL (Tip Control Line) - allows for heading adjustments and turns even at high speed, without distorting reflex profile too much. Steering is done with dedicated red line, fixed to the corresponding stabilo steering line.
- 16M Price: $3,800.00 USD
- 18M Price: $3,910.00 USD
- 20M Price: $4,024.00 USD
- 22M Price: $4,197.00 USD
- 24M Price: $4,341.00 USD